Instead of sending out a Christmas letter this year via mail, we are sending it via blog.
January:
We finally bought our second car. What a relief for me - the kids and I can go run errands and not be at home all the time. My clinical depression was getting the best of me and I found such freedom and a burden lifted when I had a car. Markus turned 33. Christian, Markus' brother, came for a quick visit and they went to D-Land for the day. Tyler and Abi were involved in StarPak, a Christian Musical Theater group. I went on a 4 day cruise with a dear friend for mom's who have special needs kids.
February:
I turned 33 and went on a 10 day vacation by myself and visited my good friend in Portland, my brother and his family in Portland, my college friend in Washington, and my other college friend in Montana. It was a much needed time of relaxation and reflection for me. Markus was such a supportive husband and watched the kids the whole time and even did a little school. Tyler and Markus went to Big Bear for the weekend for an Indian Guides trip.
March:
Abi celebrated her 2 best friend's birthday's! Tyler spent his days in the pool. I flew to South Carolina and helped pack my sister and we drove back home to California in 4 days! Precious time to bond as sisters.
April:
Markus went to Hawaii for a few days and visited his sick dad. A week later he went to Oklahoma for a Pre-Paid Legal National Conference. We drove to northern California and visited Markus' mom for 4 days. While at her house, we picked up boxes of Lego's that were Markus' and now Tyler spends his days creating. Abi learned to swim in our pool - a huge accomplishment for her!
May:
Markus and I went to a Family Life Marriage Conference to prioritize our marriage and focus on each other. The kids spent the weekend with my mom. Abi started her weekly cooking class and loved learning the joy of cooking. I started my HMR diet program. Markus and Tyler went to Catalina Island for a weekend on an Indian Guides trip. Tyler had an infected tooth removed by the oral surgeon - what a trooper he was.
June:
We drove to Phoenix and spent a week with the Miller clan - all 18 of us for our annual family vacation. Bonding as a whole family is one of our highlights of each year. We bought a boat for us to enjoy and had it docked in Newport Beach. We finished our first year of homeschooling!
July:
Markus and the kids spent the week at Mariner's Church for their VBS! I took a pottery class. Tyler spent 4 days with my dad and step-mom. Markus, Abi, and I went to Palm Springs to a Pre-Paid Legal Conference and Markus was in charge of all the lights, video, and audio. We spent a week in Kern River camping with my dad and step-mom. Tyler went to Special Camp for Special Kids for a week and had the best counselor. When we were home we spent it on the boat or in the pool.
August:
Markus and I celebrate 13 years of marriage! Markus spent two weeks in Texas expanding his Pre-Paid Legal business. Markus' mom came to visit us for 5 days and helped me in the garden. The kids and I spent most of the month in the pool. I reached my weight loss goal of 50lbs!
September:
Markus spent another 10 days in Texas. My sister and I went to Women of Faith and was challenged and encouraged by those amazing women! We even got to see my mom as she was recently hired on with WoF. Abi talked us into having a pool party/luau with 35 people complete with stage lighting.. We started our second year of homeschooling.
October:
We packed and moved within two weeks! I spent the those two weeks packing, throwing things away, selling lots of stuff on craiglist, and giving things away. We would be living an even simpler life...we would be going from a 3000 sqft house to a 1000 sqft condo. We made it! Everything that was important to us fit and even some extras. The kids got all new furniture and a new bunk bed.
November:
Tyler turns 8! Markus and Tyler went on his dream day - deep sea fishing! After several weeks of taking 3000-4000 mg of Advil on a daily basis and then not being able to walk while at the grocery store, I finally decided to see the doctor and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I then spent the next month on the couch, not being able to really do anything. Heat was my best friend - the only relief I got from the pain. I didn't understand it at all....the wind was knocked out of me. How could this have happened to me? I had just spent several months trying to get healthier and lost 50lbs and now I am stuck on the couch in tremendous pain...what the heck?
December:
Slowly getting back to this life. I'm able to go to one place a day and then spend the rest of the day recuperating. Thankful and better for each passing day. So grateful for a one story home!! God had our lives in the palm of His hand! Ayla, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, joined our family as an early Christmas gift for us all. She is the sweetest thing you have ever met. She is a 2 1/2 year old that was being retired from her breeder.
Truly praying for you, our family and friends. Hoping you have a blessed Christmas and celebrate the true meaning of this time of year.



How fun it was to read your letter and hear all about your busy year! So sorry to hear of your Fibromyalgia and will be praying you find relief soon.
ReplyDeletethanks mindy. :) it means a lot.
ReplyDelete