Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fit for my King

So, I have been reading a new book...Fit for My King. It's by Sheri Rose Shepherd. It's been very eye opening and keeping me accoutable each day, making me think about God and His role in my weight loss journey.

Here are some tokens of truth that I have been pondering...

Finding the root cause of why I battle with my body image and discovering the keys to break free from food controlling my life....

Setting my mind on my royal call, not on my cravings...

Help me Lord to hunger more for you than for food.

I am destined to live an abundant life!

No food tastes as good as being healthy feels!

Honoring the One who created my body.

I tried with all my strength and willpower to control my unhealthy, compulsive-eating behavior, but the harder I tried to break out of this bondage, the more bound I became.

I am beginning to allow  God to define my worth...I am choosing this day to believe that I am who God says I am...and praying that He will help me walk in His confidence, not my own.

I am praying my way through each passing day. Praising God for giving me the means to loose this weight and the determination to keep on track. The layers of this onion are being peeled away....one layer at a time. I am trying to instill Truth and new habits in this new life I am creating. I don't want to get to my goal weight and then gain it all back, so I am trying to break the bondage of sin and receive forgiveness and receive grace.

I surely don't have this all figured out, but I'm exploring, pondering, and receiving.

Faith looks back and draws courage; hope looks ahead and keeps desire alive.

Self help is no help at all. Self sacrifice is the way, my way, to finding yourself, your true self. ~Matt. 16:25.

The thief's purposw is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. ~John 10:10

For the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you victory! ~Deut. 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment